How it Works
The Power Grater consists of a dust tight casing containing a paddle assembly that gently rubs the product to be reduced against a formed grating screen for clean, efficient reduction. Low paddle speeds of approximately 88 RPM for single speed models result in less fines.
- Multiple Uses: Delumping, Particle Sizing, Crushing, Shredding and De-Agglomeration.
- Efficient: Low horsepower requirements.
- Custom Screens: Screen sizes are dependent on customer requirements – call to schedule a product test in our fully equipped test lab.
- Heavy Duty: Rugged construction, few moving parts and dependable long-life components provide extremely low maintenance – high reliability.
- Sanitary Construction: The screen cage is totally removable without tools for fast screen change and cleaning. Optional clean out doors and view windows allow access to the rotor assembly and all interior casing areas.
- Materials of Construction: Mild steel and stainless steel – 304 and 316 stainless – are available. A resin lined mild steel casing with stainless steel working parts is also available.
- Drive Options: Single and variable speed drives are available including mechanical, electrical (AC or DC controllers), and hydraulic. Additionally, TEFC, explosion proof or hostile environment motors are available.
- Job-Engineered: The S. Howes engineering staff will custom design any special stands, transition pieces, etc. to meet your specific needs.
Get a Quote!
More information and custom equipment.
- Filter Cake
- Peat Soil
- Animal Feed