Heating & Cooling for Screw Conveyors
Heat transfer is accomplished through contact with an external jacket (bolt-on or integral), and/or through the transfer auger itself. The material is heated or cooled while being tranferred down the length of the conveyor. In the case of a hollow flight auger, the flights themselves aid in heat transfer. To accomplish this, a variety of heating or cooling media may be used.
- Designs for high pressure applications meet the requirements of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
- Cost savings as the thermal treatment is accomplished in the same time as product is conveyed.
- Accurate control of thermal treatment time.
- Control of temperature during material transfer.
- Greater heat transfer surface area per unit of product than batch mixer systems.
- In-house testing available
Refer to Heating/Cooling/Vacuum/Drying Options Page for additional information. The information shown is for mixers, but also applies to our thermal conveyors. For a specific example, please see the case studies.
Get a Quote!
More information and custom equipment.